Enhanced
    CA

Do I need UPC if I have an ASIN?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Replies
      Sam
      Enhanced
      GB

The ASIN for a product must be provided by the seller in order to create an Amazon product listing. To obtain product tracking information and sales statistics from Amazon, however, merchants must additionally supply a UPC for their goods. Amazon uses UPCs to collect sales data, so sellers require this form of barcode.

Anna Norah
      Beginner
      GB

UPC is used to track information about your product sales and inventory, which helps sellers determine which products are selling well and which aren’t. If you don’t have UPC you can create listing with the ASIN but when you are ready,vide UPC to the product. A product’s ASIN can only be found on Amazon, while a product’s UPC can be found anywhere where barcodes are offered.

Khalifa
      Beginner
      GB

When you’ll apply for GTIN exemption then amazon will give you your ASIN as a UPC. in this case you don’t need UPC.

This Time Too Shall Pass
      John Aly
      Enhanced
      none

ASINs and UPC both are important to find product information. If you have UPC then you will get the ASINs, to get the ASIN you need to have a UPC code from the GS1 website. In another way, if you do not have UPC then you can enroll in the GTIN exemption.

melissaablunt
      Beginner
      US

As soon as you apply for GTIN exemption, Amazon will send you your ASIN as a UPC. In this case, you do not need a UPC.

SAVAGE
      Beginner
      US

You don’t need UPC if you already have an ASIN.

John Wiz
      Beginner
      US

When you apply for the GTIN exemption then amazon gives you an ASIN on which you can create your listing in this case you don’t need UPC if you have an ASIN.

Emma
      Beginner
      none

No, you already have ASIN means you already created a listing then you don’t need UPC.

Robert John
      Beginner
      US

Hello Kallis! If you have an ASIN then you don’t need UPC to list your product.

Emily Dar
      Beginner
      US

No, you don’t need UPC if you have ASIN because they both are the same.

Hannah hazel
      Beginner
      US

if you have an ASIN in this case you don’t need UPC. When you apply for the GTIN exemption then amazon gives you an ASIN on which you can create your listing.

Sylvester
      Ultimate
      US

Amazon will provide you your ASIN as a UPC when you file for GTIN exemption. In this instance, UPC is not required.

John David
      Beginner
      none

When you create the listing using GTIN exemption, amazon give your listing a ASIN on which your listing, then you don’t need a UPC.

Barden John
      Beginner
      none

When you file for GTIN Exemption, Amazon will assign you an ASIN, and you can use that ASIN as a UPC.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.