how to fullfill the order when inventory is out of stock ?

Enhanced
    none

I hope my inquiry is clear. A customer has ordered 5 items from my FBM account, but one of the items is currently out of stock. Is it possible to fulfill the order with the remaining 4 available items, rather than canceling the entire order and just refunding the out of stock item to the customer?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Replies
      David Ashan
      Beginner
      US

Yes, it is possible to fulfill the order with the available items and refund the customer for the out of stock item. Here are the steps you can take:
      1. Go to your Orders page on Amazon Seller Central and locate the order that needs to be fulfilled.
      2. Click on “Order Details” to see the specific items in the order.
      3. Select the option to “View or change order” and locate the out of stock item.
      4. Click on “Cancel item” and select the reason for cancellation as “Out of Stock.”
      5. Refund the customer for the out of stock item by clicking on “Refund the order” and following the prompts.
      6. Once the out of stock item has been cancelled and refunded, proceed to fulfill the remaining available items in the order.

melissaablunt
      Beginner
      US

To fulfill an order with available items and refund the customer for the out-of-stock item, the seller can cancel the out-of-stock item and refund the customer through the “Orders” page on Amazon Seller Central. Afterward, the seller can proceed to fulfill the remaining available items in the order. This process helps to ensure customer satisfaction and avoid negative feedback

John Aly
      Enhanced
      none

Yes, it is generally possible to fulfill an order partially by shipping the available items to the customer and refunding the out-of-stock item, rather than canceling the entire order. As in amazon’s terms we can call this process a partial fulfillment.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.