Is anyone else seeing an increase in PPC advertising costs?

Enhanced
    none

PPC has recently resulted in fewer sales for me. When I went to update my campaigns today, I noticed that the suggested bids appear much higher than they did previously. They usually hovered around $1.00 as a suggested bid for my product. For some of my keywords, the suggested bids are now approaching $2.00. My bids are no longer as competitive as these $2.00 bids, so I must be getting fewer impressions and thus fewer sales. Is anyone else noticing this and having to raise their bids as a result?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Replies
      John Wiz
      Beginner
      US

High competition causes high advertisement costs. If the competition for a product increase it will increase it ppc bids.

Khalifa
      Beginner
      GB

Yes I have noticed that because when I have launched my product and its SV was 200+ and bid was approx 4$ and after 3 months its search volume cross 450+ and now the bid is 7 to 8$ . it mean the competition is being high day by day. its just because of high competition.

This Time Too Shall Pass
      SAVAGE
      Beginner
      US

PPC bids go up and down with competition. So, if competition for your product increases(more listings mean more bids) bidding will also increase.

Jason
      Enhanced
      none

PPC bids fluctuate with the level of competition. Therefore, bidding will also increase when the level of competition for your product rises.

Esra bale
      Beginner
      none

Yes, suggested bids do get change with time, as different competitors apply different bids by analyzing real-time competitor’s bidding amazon changes suggested bids time to time.

Sylvester
      Ultimate
      US

If the search volume for any of the keywords will increase or also the competition of any product increased on the amazon then you can see that last time suggested bids are low and now the suggested bids are also gone high.

Emma
      Beginner
      none

That will be because of high competition because everyone is trying to get on the first page and want to get sales that’s why all competitors are doing high biding. So in result, you suggested a bid shows you high suggestions

Lisa
      Beginner
      US

That will be a result of the intense competition, as everyone wants to rank first and generate sales, which is why competitors are all placing high bids. As a result, your suggested bid generates many suggestions.

William
      Beginner
      US

Yes, that happens mostly in the peak sales period which is the fourth Quarter in which the competition for the product increases and the bids are also much higher than usual.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.