Is it possible for me to claim USPS shipping costs on my tax returns?

Beginner
    US

As Amazon offers a shipping credit of $3.99 for vinyl record sales, am I still eligible to report USPS shipping expenses on my tax returns? If you have concrete information on this matter, kindly share and let me know if there are any relevant resources on the Amazon website.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Replies
      Emmi
      Beginner
      none

we can’t claim usps shipping cost on the tax return because we are not allowed to it

Adam
      Beginner
      US

Well Mr. Jackson!! If you incurred the costs of shipping vinyl records through the United States Postal Service (USPS) as part of your business, you may be able to report those costs as a deductible business expense on your tax returns. You can, regardless of whether you received a shipping credit. Amazon.
      It is important to consult with a tax professional to determine the details of your situation and to ensure that you are reporting your expenses accurately. Additionally, you may want to review Amazon’s policies regarding shipping credits and deductions to ensure you are complying with their terms and conditions.

Emma
      Beginner
      none

Shipping credit refunds (debit) are given to the customer when they receive a refund for an FBM product. The cost of the product is included in the Product sale refunds (non-FBA) line, however, the refunded cost of shipping appears here. Because that shipping came in your cash flow then it means you can claim USPS shipping costs on your tax returns.

William
      Beginner
      US

No, you can not claim USPS shipping costs on my tax returns as this is not included in Amazon Tax Return Scheme.

Linda
      Beginner
      US

Yes, it is possible for you to claim USPS shipping costs on your tax returns if you use them for business purposes. You can deduct the cost of shipping as a business expense on your tax return, which can help reduce your taxable income and potentially lower your tax liability. However, it’s important to keep detailed records and receipts to support your deduction and ensure that you are deducting only the portion of the shipping costs that are related to your business. As always, it’s recommended to consult with a tax professional for specific advice related to your individual situation.

Khalifa
      Beginner
      GB

Shipping expenses incurred as part of your business operations may be deductible on your tax return if they are considered necessary. The impact of Amazon’s $3.99 shipping credit on deductibility is unclear and you may want to consult with a tax professional or Amazon’s customer support for clarification.

This Time Too Shall Pass
      Milly
      Beginner
      none

Yes, it is possible to claim USPS shipping costs on your tax returns if they are related to your business. If you use USPS to ship products or materials related to your business, the shipping costs can be deducted as a business expense on your tax returns.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.