Is that make sense if I launch same product on 2 different categories?

Enhanced
    CA

I have a product that has 50 % competitors in “A” category & 50 % competitors in “B” category. So I am wanting to create 2 listings on both A&B category so that I could see which category works best and then I’ll delete the one which has less conversion.Will it work for me?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Replies
      Anna Norah
      Beginner
      GB

Well, Kallis, there are a lot of products on Amazon that have different categories. You should list your product in just one category, whichever is most suitable for you. Your product will automatically get ranked in other categories also. Firstly, we list 1 product with 2 listings. The first is with FBA fulfillment and the second is with FBM, but both listing categories are the same. Let me explain your scenario. If you want to list your product in two categories, you will need two identifiers (UPC, etc.) to list these two products, but these products can’t be in a variation or their reviews would not be combined. These products would be considered different from each other. Maybe after some time, Amazon detects it and will block one of your listings, so it would be risky. I will suggest you go with the category which is most suitable for your product. When you get good orders, your product will automatically rank in both categories. You can see this through your “Product Information”, which is on the bottom of your page. I hope you understand what I want to say.

Esra bale
      Beginner
      none

As far as I think you should launch products only in one category, first, rank your product in one category and then target another category through a manual PPC category targeting campaign. You will get visibility in another category as well.

Linda
      Beginner
      US

Yes it does but if your product ranks well in a category you’re good to go to sell this in other category after making good sales in 1st one.

Stephen
      Enhanced
      none

Yes, it makes sense, you can list same product in 2 different categories if sellers are selling same product in both categories, it will increase your chances of getting sales as your same product will be ranked in 2 different categories

Madison
      Beginner
      BI

you can list down your product in more than one category, but remember, you need to work on both of them. you need a budget for both, and some other things. I suggest you should only put your asin in a single category.

Sam
      Enhanced
      GB

yes, you can list the same product in two categories. Your chances of making sales will rise if merchants are offering the same product in both categories because it will be listed in two different categories.

Tina
      Beginner
      US

Yes, you are allowed to put the same item in two categories. If retailers are selling the same item in both categories, your chances of earning sales will increase as it will be included in two different categories.

Sylvester
      Ultimate
      US

Launching the same product in two different categories can make sense if it fits the requirements of both and appeals to distinct target audiences. Consider competition, operational considerations, and customization for each category. However, be mindful of potential challenges and ensure thorough analysis before proceeding.

john wick
      Enhanced
      none

Yes, it does, however if your product sells well in a certain category, you can offer it in another after seeing good success in the first.

John Aly
      Enhanced
      none

yes Mr. Kallis Roy you can do this experiment by getting the idea that which one category is good and which is less profitable. After that you can list your product in good result category to get good benefits.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.