What if I have added my main keyword in the negative?

Beginner
    US

I mistakenly added my main keyword in the negative targeting. If I create a new campaign and put that keyword in the new campaign will it have impressions and conversions or not?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Replies
      Esra bale
      Beginner
      none

It will definitely have impressions and conversions, if you have put the keyword in negative it will be specifically for that specific campaign not for all the campaigns for that product, creating a new campaign with that keyword will surely give you the impression and conversions.

Uriah
      Beginner
      US

Negative targeting will effect on the campaign in which it added, which means that if you put one keyword in the negative of one campaign and target same keyword in the second campaign than it will give results in the second campaign.

David Ashan
      Beginner
      US

If you targeted the main kw as a negative exact but your campaign is phrase then there is a chance that you get impression and sale through phrase targeting, and second thing that if you run the new campaign and targeting the main kw you will get the impression and sale because these campaign is separate and it has no relation with already running campaign

Sam
      Enhanced
      GB

John Wiz you are aware of negative keywords these are search terms on Amazon SERP (Search Engine Results) where you ad will not appear when customer searches or negative keywords prevent you ad to show up on certain phrases or words. If you ad you main keyword in negative then it will not show up in customer search query and it will impact on impressions and conversion. So do not ad you main keyword in negative.

SAVAGE
      Beginner
      US

If you add that keyword in other campaign, The new campaign will have impressions and conversions.

SAVAGE
      Beginner
      US

If you add main keyword in negative targeting then you will not get impressions on your main KW from that campaign but you may get impressions on your main KW from any other campaign in which you are targeting your main KW.

Sylvester
      Ultimate
      US

If you put the keyword in the negative position, it will only apply to that specific campaign and not to all of the campaigns for that product. Starting a new campaign with that keyword will undoubtedly result in impressions and conversions.

Adam
      Beginner
      US

If you add your primary keyword in the negative targeting, you won’t see impressions of that campaign’s primary keyword, but you might see impressions of any other campaign that is also targeted your primary keyword.

Hannah hazel
      Beginner
      US

If you set the keyword in the negative position, it will only apply to that single campaign and not to all of the ads for that product. Starting a new campaign with that keyword will undoubtedly result in impressions and conversions.

Robert John
      Beginner
      US

If you add your main keyword in the negative targeting then you can’t get the impression on same campaign but if you create a new campaign and target this keyword it definitely got impressions.

Lisa
      Beginner
      US

first of all, you have to do careful negative targeting and second thing is that you cannot add the main keyword in negative. but if you have added the main keyword in the negative targeting, you won’t get impressions of that campaign’s main keyword, but you might see impressions of any other campaign that is also targeting your main keyword.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.