Amazon Today Deals
Amazon Today Deals
Amazon Today Deals

Which situation is worse; slow sales of a product or stockout of the product?

Enhanced
    none

I have low stock of a product. Should I decrease the sales by increasing the price or should I maintain my current sales at the risk of stocking out? Kindly guide me which situation is worse?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Replies
      Madison
      Beginner
      BI

both cases are problematic for you, if you gonna increase the price of a product on which you have low stock then you will lose the ranking and seller rank of the product. if you gonna stay with that price you’ll be getting out of stock very soon.
      so my suggestion is you should do stock analysis three times in a quarter on the basis of sales, and stock keeping so that you can better understand which product is selling faster and what should i do next.

David Stokes
      Beginner
      none

This depends on when you will restock the product. If your stock will reach within 10-15 days then you can slightly increase the price to lower sales temporarily.
      Always keep an eye on your inventory and plan your inventory restocking timely so that you do not face such problem again.

John Aly
      Enhanced
      none

I think that the situation of the stockout of the product is more worse then the low sales situation because low sales are that situation where you will get minimum number sales but sales does not stopped. If your product is out of stock then this situation is more worse because in this situation your sales are totally stopped and your customer will move forward towards to your competitors.

Stephen
      Enhanced
      none

Both situations are not good, if you increase your price than there might be a chance that you loose your ranking and if you go out of stock then there is also chance of drop in ranking but you can avoid it by closing the listing once the stock is out to save the ranking. So its better to go with current price and try to arrange the stock as soon as you could.

Emmal Aria
      Beginner
      none

If you raise the price of a product on which you have low stock, you will lose the product’s ranking and seller rank. So, you have to conduct stock analysis based on monthly sales and stock keeping so that you can better understand which products are selling faster.

Jason
      Enhanced
      none

Stockout of the product is worse than the low sales. If you increase the price then you would get low sales. In this case, you’re getting something and something is better than nothing also your customers are buying products from you but if you will get out of stock then sales would be totally stopped.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.